The Luscious Life Program is a 6-week body positive yoga and self-care course designed to to dive deep so we can bring your authentic self to the surface and you can get on with living your Luscious Life!
This is a shout out to the ladies who struggle to feel good in their bodies.
I feel you. Somedays you feel so much shame that you can’t leave the house, let alone go to a yoga class. You feel like those crop tops, short skirts and yoga pants are for other women’s bodies, but not for yours. You’d love to get away to a beach vacation, but just the idea of shopping for swimwear makes you break out in a sweat.
You think to yourself, “When I lose weight I’ll take that vacation.”, “When I’m smaller I’ll be able to buy those clothes.”, “When I look like a “real yogi” I can start going to yoga.”
Well, I’m here to tell you NO MORE WEIGHTING. In fact I’m going to do more than tell you, I am going to show you how you can feel it and really start to believe it.
I want you to start to really believe that you are enough. You are good and deserving of love exactly as you are.
I want to connect you with the part of you that already knows:
- Your size doesn’t have to stop you from practicing yoga.
- Your size doesn’t have to stop you from loving your body.
- Your size doesn’t have to stop you from loving your life.
- It’s all about the size of your Luscious Life.
What if I told you could go on a journey of self-love that will open your world up to more freedom and joy than you can imagine? What if you could free yourself from the shackles of body-shame?
It is possible!
I know this, because I have lived this.
After over 20 year of trying to “fix” myself with extreme exercise routines, restrictive diets, eating disorders and doing literally everything I could to make myself (and my life small), I gave it all up.
I began a dedicated yoga and meditation practice, driven by spiritual aims rather than physical goals. And over time something subtle and magical happened.
I began to sense that I was more than my body and I was definitely more than the way my body looked. My worth and my value was more than a number on a scale. It was a slow and subtle process, but the power of yoga brought me to this place.
Asana taught me about strength I didn’t know I had. About breathing through challenge. About the incredible ability and power of my body that has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks of my body. This power is my own. I get to define it.
Meditation taught me to live in the now. That the power is in the present. Not in some future self I wish to be.
It is through my dedication to yoga and to becoming a yoga teacher that I began to love my body and love my life.
This is what I offer to other women who suffer. Women who suffer from self-hatred and body-hatred. Women who know they are more than this and are looking for a way to empower themselves to begin to love their bodies and their lives.
And that’s exactly why I created The Luscious Life Program.
- You have a yoga class that you can practice knowing that you will feel good in your body.
- A yoga practice where you feel confident that you are maximizing the benefits of the practice and minimizing any risk of injury.
- Being offer modifications to suit your body’s needs so that you feel as comfortable as possible.
- Feeling more present and focused in your life now that you are making time for yourself each week.
- Moving your body from a place of compassion and appreciation.
- The confidence you would feel knowing yourself on such a deep level.
- Being able to move from any hurtful thoughts towards thoughts of self-empowerment.
- Feeling a part of a community, of something bigger than yourself.
- Being someone else’s cheerleader at the same time as they celebrate your successes.
- Women lifting each other up and finding our power together!
The Luscious Life Program is not just a yoga course – It’s a full program that will get you on your way to your very own Luscious Life!
The Luscious Life Program is an 6-week course that will help you find so much sweetness in your yoga practice your mouth will water. I will help you find so much pleasure in your body you can’t help but shake your booty. I will help you to love your life more than you ever dreamed possible.
What you will get:
- 6 yoga video practices (one per week) that take you from a beginner body lover to a body lovin’ goddess. Each week we will focus on a different category of yoga pose and gently build your strength and flexibility. Each video will include a the benefits and key actions of the poses, as well any contraindications and modifications. Our class together will move through a check in, warm up, the themed poses, cooling poses and a final relaxation before our closing check in.
- 6 recorded meditation practices (one per week) devoted to radical self-love. Each meditation will be on a theme linked to that week’s self-care practice. We will explore gratitude, compassion, unconditional love and other self-love themes.
- 6 self-care practices (one per week) to take your body loving practice off of your yoga mat and into your day. Some practices will require journaling, some will simply ask you to observe, but they all will help you to lower your stress and feel better.
- Handouts and worksheets for each week’s theme for you to print out to keep and use on your body love journey
- A private Facebook group where we will share our struggles and offer support. Here we will create community. We will celebrate the success and find strength in each other’s journeys.
- Two live group hangouts where we can meet each other, put faces to names, and really dive deep into our body love journey.
- Best of all the yoga videos, meditations and handouts are yours to keep so that you are not only getting a one time program, you are also getting a body love yoga program for life!
You get all of this and more!
Are you ready?
Are you ready to be so excited about your life you can’t wait to jump out of bed? Are you ready for your life to get so delicious it will make your mouth water? Are you ready for a yoga practice so pleasurable and healing that you too will experience the shift to loving your body as it is?
Say it with me…
Meet your host:
Hi, I’m Krystal Thompson, Yoga Therapist and Body Positive Advocate. I help people listen to their bodies and love their bodies through yoga because I believe that every body can do yoga and that every body deserves love and respect. Over the past 6 years I have helped people connect back to their center and get grounded in a healing and transformational practice of self-love. I love to see people’s lives open up to more freedom and joy when they release themselves from the shackles of body shame.
Let’s work together to make 2017 the year you stop feeling at war with your body and instead let’s make 2017 the year you make peace and start loving your body. Join The Luscious Life Program below.
Krystal is an awesome human, yoga therapist, body positive ambassador and entrepreneur! I participated in the first Luscious Life Program, which was a wonderful experience of body love yoga and community. This allowed me to discover that practicing yoga at home can be just as fulfilling and even more relaxing than in another setting. I had never spent time meditating as it seemed a bit scary but the meditations were some of my favourite parts of the program. Through the self-care cards, I took the time to create roadmaps through my own self-knowledge for how to care for myself in times in different situations and I now take time to do activities I enjoy, such as listening to audiobooks, going for walks, colouring and taking baths. I really enjoyed our group chats in the Facebook group and on Google Hangouts and so grateful Krystal took the time to set these up as they added a lot to the program. Learning about body love and body positivity was eye-opening. When I look in the mirror, swarms of negative and positive thoughts still arise, but I now know which ones to believe. Thank you to Krystal and to the other participants for this life-long guidance.
– Amber O’Reilly The Luscious Life Program Participant
Krystal is a wonderful yoga teacher with a rare combination of strengths. She combines her intensive knowledge of anatomy and alignment with joyful mindfulness to create a balanced class. I would recommend her services for a beginner or advanced yogi. Brilliant!
– Anneka Westergreen, Fellow Yoga Instructor and Student
How can I get the most from this program?
- Book the time into your schedule. Pick a time each week that will work for you and block this time off. Set an alarm to remind you too. You will need only about 1.5 hours a week to complete your asana practice, meditation and self-care exercise, however they don’t need to be all done in one chunk of time. You can spread the activities out over your week.
- Gather your yoga equipment before we begin. You may not have traditional yoga equipment, but many of these can be substituted for household items:
- Blankets, towels and pillows for bolsters
- A stack of books for yoga blocks
- A belt or scarf for a yoga strap
- A sturdy chair
- You could create a Luscious Life Program binder where you can keep all of your handouts and worksheets in one nice and neat spot so that if you have want to return to this journey and practice again, they will all be right there for you.
I have never practiced yoga before. Can I still sign up for The Luscious Life Program?
- ABSOLUTELY! This program is designed for beginners.
- Each week I will send you a new body love yoga practice focusing on one of the categories of yoga asana (yoga poses) including, forward folds, hip openers, twists & core work, backbends and inversions.
- In each class I will guide you to find optimal alignment for your body in each of the poses and I will demonstrate different modifications so that you can get the most benefit out of each of the poses.
- My philosophy is that we always want to adapt the pose to meet our bodies’ needs, rather than trying to adapt our body to make it into the pose. In this way we minimize the risk of injury and maximize the benefits that can be experienced in the pose.
- By the end of our 6 weeks together you will have a very strong foundation of yoga asana that will give you the boost of confidence to take your yoga practice deeper, knowing you can modify poses and practice safely!
What makes The Luscious Life Program different from other yoga programs?
- The Luscious Life Program is more than just yoga asana. Yes, each week we will be practicing yoga asana, but we will be doing so in a body positive way, a way that makes it more accessible to more bodies. And we will be practicing from a place of self-compassion and with the intention of loving and supporting our bodies.
- Our yoga asana practice will also be supported by our meditations each week that will help to guide us on the body love path. And we will be taking our yoga practice off of the mat with lifestyle practices that will help to keep us in the self-love frame of mind throughout the day.
- Plus, if you need a little boost or to celebrate an accomplishment, we’ve got your back in our private Facebook group where you can share, rant, post selfies, look for advice and generally feel the love. Seriously, it is AWESOME!
I really don’t feel good about the body I am in. How can yoga help me to love my body?
Yoga has so many benefits and there are so many aspects of yoga that fit so well with loving our bodies. Here are just some of the ways yoga can help you love your body:
- Find pleasure in moving body in the moment and not some future benefit
- Find peace through connection to breath
- Learn to be in the present moment because the present is where our power lies
- Learn to observe your thoughts, question them or accept them, and not to attach too much value to those thoughts, especially if they are self-harming thoughts
- Stimulate your body’s relaxation response for increased energy and a sense of peace
- Create a space to appreciate your body for everything it can do and everything it does for you
- Notice where your body is strong and capable and focusing on that
- See your body as an ally, not an enemy you have to be at war with
- See your worth as more than a number on a scale
- Redefine health – My definition of health includes physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. You can be healthy at any size.
- And there is so much more for you to discover so I can’t wait to see what you will find.
I am already practicing yoga. Would I still benefit from this program?
- Awesome! I love working with people who are already practicing yoga. This means we can go even deeper into your yoga practice and start to connect it with a self-love practice.
- There will still be so much for you to learn and experience. I work with a lot of people who have been practicing yoga for years and are looking for a way to bring their yoga practice back to a place of love and compassion. And I am guessing if you are asking this question, then this is you. Together we will explore how you can build your yoga practice into something more!
My schedule is already pretty full. Why should still I sign up for this program?
- If this is you then you need this course the most! If your schedule is pretty full then I am guessing it is probably not full with lots of self-care and self-love. This course is designed to be flexible. You have control to practice whenever works for your schedule: early morning before the kids get up, over your lunch hour, while the baby is napping, right after work, as a part of your bedtime routine. That is the beauty of this program, it was designed with your busy schedule in mind.
How much 1:1 attention will I receive during the program? I am pretty intimidated to get started on a body love yoga journey.
- I will be with you through this journey. You can reach out to me via email with specific questions or reach out to our Facebook group for the support of the whole posse and we will have our two live hangouts where we can virtually connect face-to-face.
- I will of course be encouraging you all along the way. That said, there aren’t any private sessions or phone calls included in this program, but if that is something you are interested in, you could sign up for a private session and all the details on that are here: Private Yoga Therapy
How much of a time commitment is the program?
- In the program you will receive a 30-40 minute yoga asana practice each week, a 10-15 minute meditation each week, and a little bit of body love “Homework” to make loving your body a part of your everyday lifestyle. So at a minimum you will want to have an hour each week to devote to yourself. An hour of self-love and body love!
- However, I would encourage you to practice the yoga asana class three times during the week if you can. This is why I made them shorter so that it is easier to find time in your day for the practice. And I think you will get the most out of this program if you are able to meditate each day. So really it’s all up to you: and hour a week or up to an hour a day.
When will I be doing my yoga and meditation practices?
- You are completely in control of when in your day you do your practice. Each Monday morning you will receive an email introducing that week’s theme with links to that week’s yoga asana class, meditation and body love “homework” for the week. There will be little mini-activities in our Facebook group that you can join in on too.
I have more questions. How can I get in touch with you?
- I am happy to answer anything else to help you decide if this is a fit for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you within 24 hours.
No more questions? Ready get this started?
Not quite ready for the full Luscious Life Program? Give Body Love Yoga Cards a try. This self-directed practice will get you started on your body love yoga journey.
Body Love Yoga Cards is designed to get you started on your yoga journey as well as your body love journey. And you if you are already on your way, it will help you continue on that path!
With Body Love Yoga Cards you are committing to a 10 day practice.
One pose a day.
Each pose has an photo, step-by-step alignment instruction, benefits, contraindications, and modifications to make the poses more accessible for beginners and bigger bodies.
All of this in a downloadable E-book that is your to print off and keep.
PLUS! Once you have practiced the 10 poses on their own you can celebrate with a 30 minute Body Love Yoga Flow video, included with your E-book.
Body Love Yoga Cards is made for people who feel that they don’t have enough time for their yoga practice.
One thing I know is big shifts can come from small changes.
I know this because I have lived it. My body love journey started when I committed to a daily yoga practice. And all you need to do is practice for 3-5 minutes a day for 10 days and you will see a huge difference! So doable! So accessible! This is the way to make yoga a part of your lifestyle.
Here’s exactly what you will get with Body Love Yoga Cards:
- A step-by-step guide to proper alignment for 10 yoga asana (poses) to help you maximize their benefits and minimize the risk of injury
- All of the benefits you can receive from practicing each of these poses
- Understanding of any contraindications (things to watch out for) to keep you safe in your practice
- Multiple modifications for each poses to adapt the pose to your body’s needs and make the pose more accessible
- Lots of pretty pictures to help you see yourself in the pose
- A yoga practice that is as unique as you are
- A complete e-book and complementary video of a full yoga practice, including forward folds, hip openers, chest openers, standing poses, back bends, core work, inversions, twists, and final relaxation
- A private Facebook group where you can share your journey (yay share your photos of you in the poses!!!) and be motivated
It’s everything you need to start your body love yoga journey or keep it going.